Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reverse T3

I had to start protocol again because I listened to the doc's advice and stopped dairy and started back on the thyroid meds. I gained 5 lbs in a week!

Thankfully the hcg is getting it back off.

I finally got my lab results. I've been researching the meanings because the doc 'needs' to see me ($95 visit) to discuss the results. I think I may call tomorrow and explain that I am not spending $95 for her to tell me labs are normal. I will go in if they are not normal and she has a treatment plan. I'm really tired of the BS that steals my money. I do have a back up plan. My friend found a more local doc that is not intimidated by patients and is a good doc for helping people with thyroid problems.

Here are my latest results. (I am shocked she didn't take complete thyroid panel since it's been almost 2 years!):

Reverse T3: 366
Candida IgA: positive
Vit D3: 42 (seems it should be above 50)
H-pylori: negative

I was mostly interested in the Reverse T3, which will state if my body is storing my thyroid hormones or not. I've found 2 sites about these levels. Supposedly there is more meaning when compared to Free T3 at the same time. Both were not taken at this last drawing (grh). One site said anything above 150 is bad. Another said anything above 250 is bad. So it seems that my thyroid may be 'bad'. Surprise, surprise.

By taking Armour, I increase this RT3 problem and it takes 6 weeks or so of no medication to get my body fully emptied of the RT3. Before this test was taken, I had stopped the Armour and only took it occasionally because it didn't really seem to help. So if my labs were still high and I had not been regular on meds, that makes me wonder how high it would have been if I was taking it like I should have! The therapy to reverse this problem is to take a T3 only medication (like synthroid). The very thing I asked her to do with me awhile back and she said that therapy didn't work. So, I am really curious to what she will do.

ahhhh, the saga continues.....


Here's a few sites I've wandered across in researching:

weight loss and hormones (confirmation about the whole leptin and low carb diets I found about last fall among other things that puts pieces together)

Stop The Thyroid Madness (an excellent website about thyroid and un-diagnosed thyroid problems and what to do about it.)

RT3 and thyroid resistance (a compilation of information from a yahoo group called RT3)


* * * * * * * *

Another interesting note, I found that there is a little-diagnosed disease often called Hashimoto's Encephalopahty. Sometimes, people with hashimoto's gets the thyroid antibodies attacking the brain. Symptoms in pediatric patients: seizures, trembling, loss of memory, convulsions, lowered brain function.....

When I read this, I felt a sudden leap in my gut. My 9 yo daughter has hashi's and recently has been having all those symptoms! The anti-seizure meds don't seem to be doing anything. So, hopefully one of the 2 docs will listen and consider the possibility! The treatment would be just like when her kidney flared several years ago: steroids/low doses of chemo drugs to stop the flare. While I'm not too happy about those meds, they are less toxic than the seizure meds!

* * * * * * * * *

maybe I am getting closer to a healing!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always make sure I ask the doc to have the lab send me copies of my blood work. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the results!

Trudi said...

with Rt3 there is no 'normal ranges' on the lab results. And often each lab's normal ranges are not the same.

Bunpoh said...

Hi Trudi. I've been lurking for a while, because I was shy, but I like your blog and I've been given an award that I'd like to pass to you. Here's the link. I don't know if you do that kind of thing, and it's fine if you don't. Anyway, I hope things are going well for you and your family, and that your newest information can help your daughter. Best wishes.

CindyCB said...

Hashimoto's Encephalopathy is a very serious illness and often the patient is rushed to the ER for a disagnosis as they can become critical quite quickly, so I would rule that one out for your daughter because she'd be seriously ill and totally unable to function - hope that helps! Cindy.x

Trudi said...

The endocrinologist said the HE doesn't exist. From all I've read, it also shows up as a slow decline in cognitive learning in kids along with the seizures. Who knows, only God does so I try not to worry about it. It just really struck me when I read about it.

discounthcgdiet said...

I am very impress on your information , Its a really very impressive blog. I really got some another very nice information , so thanks for sharing these tips,HCG diet drops.

Atif said...

I am very impress on your information , Its a really very impressive blog...

hcg buy online

Cal - the hCG Success guy said...

Yep you know that you are your best source for information.

Most doctors should send the results back to you and not make you pay for another visit to discuss them, but that's not what they do unfortunately.

Glad to see you're back on the hcg protocol... once you do maintenance I wonder if that will affect your thyroid in a positive way too?

David bone said...

One moment, I'll post mine soon. just wanted to say I love your new site!hcg

purchase hcg online said...

Thanks for the advice. I'll need to take note of this.

hcg said...

It was really nice to study your post. I collect some good points here. I would like to be appreciative you with the hard work you have made in skill this is great article.

Jeny said...

Excellent information.

hcg weight loss

rjwl said...

NOTE: Synthroid is synthetic T4 and not T3. If you want plain synthetic T3 you must take something like Cynomel.