Sunday, September 27, 2009

starting another round

Today I am loading again. I also started the testosterone, progesterone & estrogen supplements on Friday. I've been on sulfasalazine (a DMARD) for almost 4 weeks and I am noticing results. My pain is less and I am able to do some exercises without the severe pain & long healing time afterwards. I've been able to do quite a few workouts using an exercise ball and am very geeked with my success.

So.. hopefully all the pieces of the puzzle will fit together to get these last pounds off. Sadly, I have to re-lose 10 lbs again... but that should go by pretty quickly if I look at my previous history of losing. Can I lose 20 lbs in the next 5 weeks? OhhhhhhH! that would be my fantastical goal! Since my pain levels are down considerably, I am not craving the ice cream I usually crave when in high pain. So my deviations should be non-existent!

My main problem is to eat enough calories when off protocol and my appetite is so very low, my body stores everything as fat. Dairy is the only thing that really appeals to me. I am hoping by the end of this round, I'll have my body straigntened out hormonally and maintenance should be better. I've noticed my body temp is up... normally I'm cold, cold, COLD all the time. The past few days I've noticed I'm quite a bit warmer. This is good news because that means my body's thermostat is higher... meaning burning more calories and working better! WOOHOO!

So.... depending upon how hungry I am tomorrow will determine if I 'load' again tomorrow or not.

1 comment:

chanchal said...

Hi Trudi!

Nice to see you will be getting back on the juice and are feeling better. Best of luck to you this round.