Tuesday, September 9, 2008

answering a question

Blogger Amy said...

Trudi- 1st of all Congratulations on all your success! Weight loss is never an "easy" journey but it sounds like you are doing very well!

I have a couple questions about the HCG diet that I'm hoping you can help me with- or at least just give me your opinion...

1) I just had a baby 3 weeks ago and the extra 25 lbs left is driving me crazy- call me impatient, but I've got to get it OFF! Do you think it's too soon to start HCG?


Hi Amy! Congrats on your new bundle of joy!! Remember it takes at least 1-2 years to get things situated in your body after birth. I completely understand your anxiety to get the pounds off asap, but I'd suggest waiting a couple months longer to get your hormones & everything back in order. The recommendation for returning to regular activity is 6 weeks after a baby. I'd personally wait at least 6 months. But your body is yours. You must also remember that the 25 lbs you have extra probably WILL come off within 6 months, esp if you are breastfeeding.


2) I'm currently breast feeding (actually I'm pumping and bottle feeding) but it's not going all that well- I'm about ready to quit. Do you think I need to quit completly before starting HCG? Or can I just wing it as I go. If I lose my milk then oh well, if I'm able to continue can I consider it safe? An added bonus?


I strongly advocate 'breast-is-best' for babies because formula is FAR inferior and creates a lot of 'hidden' problems, even obesity issues later in life. I do understand if your heart is not in it, then it will not work for you.

hCG is pregnancy hormone. Nothing else. I nursed while pregnant and many other moms have done the same. I'm not sure if milk supply will dwindle or not. For me, I was unable to eat enough calories while pregnant to keep up my milk supply. But that has been an issue for me with 4 of my babies. The last child (#5) I was able to nurse for 18 months without supplementing!



3) Do you think I need to go through an HCG clinc or is it safe to order items/HCG online? I had to give myself heparin shots 2x daily during pregnancies so i am very comfortable with shots. I'm more concerned about getting the right products if I order through a Canadian pharm... any thoughts?



It is very costly to do the protocol thru a clinic, and if your weight is within normal limits you will not be approved for this protocol by a clinic. This is sad because there are a LOT of people who appear to be thin but are considered obese if you look at the amt of abnormal fat they have. Anorexic people are typically 65% body fat... that's considered severely obese!

The links I have to the right of my blog can direct you to a safe company that guarantees your shipment. There are some companies that sell animal hcg instead of human hcg. And some may be cheaper but will not guarantee your shipment if it gets stopped or lost at customs or gets damaged. The link I have provided will guarantee your product or they will ship again.


Thanks so much for helping me w/my questions. I haven't been able to find a relialbe source online to answer my questions/concerns.

Keep up the good work!
Amy


Thanks Amy! I'm so glad you are able to glean good information from my blog! My goal is to do just that!

No comments: