Sunday, June 8, 2008

P3, day 1

Today is my first day on phase 3.. resting time from the hCG. I need to learn how to eat the full 3000 or so calories each day, sticking to healthy fats, fruits & veggies. I've done well this weekend while on a trip to the other side of the state to visit friends & a graduation. Surprisingly, I was not hungry. Something that should have happened more while ON the hcg. I did very well staying on the 500 calorie diet.

The first couple days eating full calories are not typically full calorie days because it takes a couple days for the stomach to handle so much food. I'm a little concerned that I will not be able to eat the full amt because I'm not used to eating so much food. I'm one of the few people that actually gained weight by not eating enough, so this is a VERY important step for me to do correctly. I've maintained my weight so far and I'm supposed to stay within 2 pounds above or below during this period. I've heard that even though my weight stays the same, my body is still re-structuring itself and I may still lose inches. I'm very excited for this nice change and am excited to see what else happens during this phase. The time can go from a couple days to 6 weeks of this rest, depending upon how my body & mind can handle it. Dr Simeons suggests 3 weeks because the body doesn't stabilize until after 2 weeks. I think it will take 2 weeks to get my hCG shipment to arrive so I will probably go with that route. I'll see when I get to that point.

No comments: